8.18.2009

Supporting Plymouth Housing Group

It was back in 2007 that I ran into my friend, Marianne Painter, on the street in front of the office. Marianne was a former client from my pre-Effective Design Studio days. The chance meeting was rather serendipitous -- Marianne had recently taken a position at Plymouth Housing Group and needed graphic design help.

I was excited to introduce Marianne to the team at Effective Design. We had a meet-and-greet where Caroline and Joy explained our qualifications and Marianne introduced us to Plymouth’s mission in-depth. The meeting was successful and it looked as if Marianne would use e! for several projects. (Score one for me -- right?)

Not long after Marianne left our offices, Caroline and Joy came to my desk. They were hovering with "Cheshire Cat" grins on their faces. (Was I in trouble?!) Caroline proceeded to tell me, “We just wanted to let you know... (oh no, here it comes!) ...we have decided to take on Plymouth Housing Group as a pro-bono client.”

That was BEYOND what I was expecting that day. And a real “win” for all involved. Caroline had been impressed by Plymouth’s commitment to ending homelessness -- providing not only low-cost housing, but also essential services to its residents.

I'm proud to say, e!’s relationship with Plymouth continues today. We just finished their 2008 Annual Report, we are currently working on materials for Plymouth’s annual benefit luncheon (featuring Maya Angelou), and designing materials for their 2010 fundraiser “Seattle Dances”.

We hope you’ll join us in supporting this amazing organization. http://www.plymouthhousing.org

No comments: