3.21.2011

Pinterest: Saving Us From Ourselves


As designers we tend to be more visually motivated than the average Joe. I realized I had a problem when my friends started asking me for the PMS color of real life items -- and I didn't realize they were teasing me. I mean, everybody knows that "black" rain clouds in Seattle are actually PMS 7546, right?

Now I save my friends the pain of listening to me gush about the beautiful decenders on Bickham Script or rant on the proper use of Papyrus. I now curate my own collection of beautiful and inspirational things on Pinterest. It's great because I can get gift ideas from their pin boards, and they can comment on how great Bickham Script really is, after viewing my pinned text sample.

Check out Pinterest and you might want to start a pin board of your own. Afterall, it's cheaper than therapy.